Let’s see if I remember how to do this. I’ve been so busy over at Artist Success that I have woefully neglected this blog. I apologize. I am full of good intentions but well….you understand. Your life is probably as busy as my own. Somehow the things we have to do expand into whatever time we allow them to, don’t they.
I’ve plenty to share so I’ll make it easy on both of us and create a list:
1. Today (June 29) I am a guest on Mark Lipinski’s Creative Mojo online radio show. Knowing Mark, it will be very entertaining so I hope you will stop by. It’s at about 3:30 EST. It will be nice to be the interviewee for a change. You can always listen to the podcast replay available at your convenience.
2. On Friday, July 1 (yikes), I am the featured artist over at quilter and dyer, Frieda Anderson‘s blog. We’re talking inspiration boards and you can catch a glimpse of mine and get my thoughts on inspiration and visual language.
3. Next Tuesday, July 5th at 5 PM registration opens for my very first FREE Televent – Artist Success SEEK Series. SEEK stands for Solutions, Experience, Expertise, Knowledge and I have gathered together 10 industry experts in the art/quilt/craft world who will share insider info and maybe a few secrets with us. For more info and details, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter (up top there in the right corner) so you’ll be the very first to get the info on registration. Remember, it’s FREE!
4. I spent a glorious week in Australia, teaching at the Brisbane Textile Show thanks to the fabulous Cecile Whatman of Unique Stitching. The event was wonderful as were my students. I taught 3 classes and gave three lectures on the show floor on using TAP and Lutradur in your work. Cecile sold out of TAP and my new book (more later) the very first day. Popular stuff here and there! Besides all the beautiful wool, fetl, quilts, crafts, fiber, eye candy and more, I met some amazingly talented women:
Sue Dennis is an award winning Australian quilter. She’s as lovely as her work. Check out her blog, a visual delight, as she’s doing a lot of traveling and creating in Mongolia.
The super talented and charming Jane Davenport. Watch out for her, she’s got a lot going on and the
energy to get it all done. She was off to Paris after the Brisbane event to meet with Sennelier – the pastel people. I understand she’s off to Portugal now. See, I told you she has a lot of energy. Buzz on over to her blog too. Lots more eye candy there.
5. My new book, Create with Transfer Artist Paper: Use TAP to Transfer Any Image onto Fabric, Paper, Wood, Glass, Metal, Clay & More! is out!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived right before I left for NC and then I turned around in a day and flew to Australia, so I haven’t had time to do any promoting or blogging (my bad) except, well, now. I don’t even have it in my shop yet – but hopefully by the time you read this it will be there. For all you TAP fans out there – this book is chock full of new ideas, tips and tricks to working with TAP. I’ve got one lonely review on Amazon, but it’s a 5-Star. I hope you will add your (honest) 2¢ (pretty please.)
6. Check out my latest column, “Don’t Just Think…Do” in The Good Coach over at Jenny Doh’s Crescendoh site.
7. I’ve saved the best news for last. My daughter moved into her first apartment last weekend (that’s sad but good), but you know what that means don’t you? I HAVE A ROOM OF MY OWN! A studio/office. No more working in my bedroom!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ll be documenting the creation of my studio when I return from our annual family beach vacation in 10 days, so stayed tuned. In the meantime, enjoy some other photos from my very fun and full month of June.